- God wants us to become the sort of persons who are ready for eternal life and happiness with Him, and the angels, and all the saved in heaven.
- Human freedom is essential for us to become that sort of person—how we respond to everything and what we do.
- We become this sort of person by love of God and neighbor.
For a quick link to Lectionary 105, click here.
The Homiletic Directory offers the following Catechism points and themes for the Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time:
- CCC 299, 381: man created in the image of God; the first-born
- CCC 1931-1933: viewing neighbor as another self
- CCC 2447: corporal works of mercy
- CCC 1465: the priest as Good Samaritan in the sacrament of Penance
- CCC 203, 291, 331, 703: the Word and creation, visible and invisible
For a revised and updated outline with the following foci, click here:
- Central Idea: Love God and neighbor according to rightful law.
- Doctrine: The Precepts of the Church.
- Practical Application: Living the precepts better.