Knowing, loving, and serving God is like going on a diet and exercise plan. But it is not for two months to lose thirty pounds and to gain a flat stomach. Rather, it is a plan for life to lose all our vices and to gain the mental outlook and natural and supernatural virtues of Christ, the perfect man.
To view a revised and updated doctrinal homily outline with the following foci, click here.
- Central Idea: Wrestling with God in prayer.
- Doctrine: Prayer and filial trust.
- Practical Application: Transformation in Christ.
To view Lectionary 111, click here.
The Homiletic Directory offers the following Catechism points and themes for the Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time:
- CCC 2634-2636: prayer of intercession
- CCC 2566-2567: universal call to prayer
- CCC 2761-2772: the Lord’s Prayer as a synthesis of Gospel
- CCC 2609-2610, 2613, 2777-2785: turning to God with persistence and filial trust
- CCC 2654: lectio divina
- CCC 537, 628, 1002, 1227: buried and risen in baptism