One practical lesson that can be drawn from the Gospel for the Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time (Sunday, August 11) is that the secret to living out the theological virtue of faith is to see that the here and now is the place and time in which God wants us to meet him and to serve him.
It is not in the past, which is over. It is not the future, which we can only imagine and so is not real.
For a revised and updated Doctrinal Homily Outline with the following themes, click here.
- Central Idea: God will do what he has promised.
- Doctrine: The theological virtue of faith.
- Practical Application: Recognizing God in the ordinary.
To view the Lectionary 117 readings at the USCCB website, click here.
The Homiletic Directory offers the following additional Catechism points and themes for the Nineteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time:
- CCC 144-149: the obedience of faith
- CCC 1817-1821: the virtue of hope
- CCC 2729-2733: prayer as humble vigilance of heart
- CCC 144-146, 165, 2572, 2676: Abraham, a model of faith