- God desires to share his goodness, truth, beauty, love, and happiness with beings that would not exist if he did not create them.
- Lower creatures, lacking consciousness and reason, show but don’t know God’s glory.
- As conscious and rational beings, we both show and can know God’s glory.
- Through Christ, we are no longer just creatures of God. We have been adopted by God to be his sons.
For an updated and revised Doctrinal Homily Outline for the Twenty-Eighth Sunday in Ordinary Time, click here.
- Central Idea: Giving glory to God.
- Doctrine: “The world was created for the glory of God.”
- Practical Application: How do we give glory to God?