In this life, it is a special joy to know you are a friend of God.
How do God’s friends behave?
- They pray.
- They tell the truth.
- They persevere in doing God’s will.
What do God’s friends expect from God? God’s friends expect God’s justice:
- That he will do as he has promised.
- That he will hear their prayers.
- That he will love and protect them.
- That he will show himself to them.
- That he will raise them from the dead: “I in justice shall behold your face; on waking I shall be content in your presence.”
For the link to an updated and revised doctrinal homily outline for the Thirty-Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Year C, click here.
The foci of the outline are:
- Central Idea: The reward of eternal life.
- Doctrine: The Beatific Vision.
- Practical Application: Meditation on the Beatific Vision.