Do I live an orderly life? In other words, am I practicing the four cardinal virtues, enlightened by the Gospel and strengthened by grace:
- Prudence (seeing what God wants me to do),
- Justice (doing what God wants me to do),
- Fortitude (courage and toughness when fear or weakness are obstacles to doing what God wants me to do), and
- Temperance (self-control when some pleasure tempts me not to do what God wants me to do)?
For a revised and updated doctrinal homily outline for the Thirty-Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, click here.
The foci, appropriate for the near-end of the liturgical year, are
- Central Idea: Our period of salvation history and how we are to live in it.
- Doctrine: The Second Coming of Christ and the Final Judgment.
- Practical Application: How to live in this age.