Christ is in heaven, seated at the right hand of the Father, interceding for us.
He is the way: he is both our destination and the road by which we travel. We can be with him by being like him.
We who are on the earth-side of this way can say to him,
- I’ll do my part.
- I’ll talk to you in prayer.
- I’ll worship you in the Mass.
- I will receive you in the Eucharist.
- I will struggle every day to do your will, including living the moral life you demand, and go to Confession to deal with my failures.
- I will try to be like you, going about doing good (Acts 10:38).
The readings for the Ascension (Lectionary 58) can be found here.
An Ascension outline with the following considerations can be found here.
- Central Idea: Jesus Christ is now our High Priest in heaven. Doctrine: The Ascension. Practical Application: Confidence that we can reach heaven.
An Ascension outline with the following themes is here.
- Central idea and Doctrine: The Ascension. Practical application: Children of the Father.
The readings for the Seventh Sunday of Easter (Lectionary 61) are here.
A Seventh Sunday outline with the following considerations is here.
- Central idea: Communion. Doctrine: Our communion is in Christ. Practical application: Participation in Christ’s communion.