Next Sunday is the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity, commemorating the central truth not just of our Catholic faith but of all reality.
The Lectionary readings 166 are here.
For a Doctrinal Homily Outline with the following themes, click here:
- Central idea: The Most Holy Trinity.
- Doctrine: The mystery of the Trinity.
- Practical application: Living as children of God.
For an outline with the following subjects, click here:
- Central Idea: Human beings have dignity in their creation and exalted dignity in their redemption.
- Doctrine: The Blessed Trinity.
- Practical Application: Living like the Blessed Trinity.
The Homiletic Directory offers the following Catechism points and themes for The Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity
- CCC 202, 232-260, 684, 732: the mystery of the Trinity
- CCC 249, 813, 950, 1077-1109, 2845: the Trinity in the Church and her liturgy
- CCC 2655, 2664-2672: the Trinity and prayer
- CCC 2205: the family as an image of the Trinity