Next Sunday’s readings focus on the futility of working apart from God’s will.
The Lectionary 114 readings for the Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, are here.
To prepare a homily or for your personal reflection, the lectionary readings and an outline that focus on the disorder of covetousness can be found here.
- Central idea: Our true wealth is God, not a life of greed.
- Doctrine: Uses of wealth.
- Practical Application: Examining our economic activity.
The Homiletic Directory offers the following Catechism points and themes for the Eighteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time:
- CCC 661, 1042-1050, 1821: hope for a new heaven and a new earth
- CCC 2535-2540, 2547, 2728: the disorder of covetousness